Internet problem with edge

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xiome2004, Dec 30, 2008.

1. xiome2004 macrumors newbie

Hi !! i have an iphone 3g v2.2 with t-mobile and internet just work for one day afetr that i lost edge signal i have been tried all the address for the apn and nothing the letter e just dessapear from my iphone and internet doesnt work if someone can help me pleaseeeeee . Thanks :(

2. Chef On The Go macrumors newbie

SomeTime I have The Same Problem

Do you have the $19 all internet package ??

if so you should be using internet2.voicestream.com

first thing you should do is clear everything from the APN and then take out the slim... Put the slim back in and do a hard restart buy holding the home button and power button until the iphone power off and comes back on with the apple logo then let go.

Once the iphone comes back go to APN enter internet2.voicestream.com

make sure you have the the data roaming on or you wont get The edge network... Don't worry you will not get charge for roaming .

The power off again with holding the power button only until the power off slide comes on the iphone then slide it off wait 60 seconds then power on again then ..

Then you should have the Edge network..

Let me know if this work

3. Me Myself & i macrumors newbie

I am having the same problem

This happen to me too! It worked great for a day or two, then Christmas morning my Edge stopped working. Would this have anything to do with my TurboSIM? I am still able to text and make phone calls. Should I take my sim out and try it again? It is just so hard to establish a good connection with the TurboSIM when you try to put the sim back in. I don't want to do it if its not necessary. What are your thoughts Chef On The Go?

4. cmrunner83 macrumors newbie

Have you tried the simple things he was talking about, like 1) doing a simple restart, 2) doing a hard reboot (press the "off" key and "home" key at the same time), and 3) restoring the phone on iTunes?

5. cmrunner83 macrumors newbie

You can also try resetting the Network Settings, under Settings.

If you are not already in the habit, you may want to do a hard reboot once a week or so...as the iPhone is like a small computer and glitches will come up.

6. franzmueller macrumors regular

How old is your SIM card ? in my case I found that my SIM was not 3G capable , so I had to get a newer one ( same number since 11 years .... no 3G that time :p)

Saludos

7. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

wow ... you've had the same phone number for 11 years! :eek: Man, that is impressive.

8. xiome2004 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi and thanks for reply back well I've been tried everything I got a new sim card I restarted the network seetings I tried everything and that's happens to me because I update my iPhone with the version 2.2 so the only things that works is put the sim card on some tmobile phone and when I putted back to my iPhone the edge work for one day and that's it and I don't know if I restarted the iPhone with iTunes and need activation phone again

9. xiome2004 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi and thanks for reply back well I've been tried everything I got a new sim card I restarted the network seetings I tried everything and that's happens to me because I update my iPhone with the version 2.2 so the only things that works is put the sim card on some tmobile phone and when I putted back to my iPhone the edge work for one day and that's it and I don't know if I restarted the iPhone with iTunes and need activation phone again