Internet problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dorkfish, Mar 24, 2011.

1. dorkfish macrumors newbie

I am unable to get to 99 percent of the internet (unless I go through a proxy)
    I can get all internet through my wifi on my phone. I reset my DNS cache through the terminal, i reset safari, chrome, and firefox cache. I added OpenDNS to my Airport DNS, and I still cant get to most of the web.
    I pinged google receive "no route to host"
    I checked my host file and its fine.
    I called comcast and they reflashed my modem. I still cant connect to a lot of the internet (such as google, and most of the pages that DO load (like yahoo) load as text only, or have trouble loading images).
    Fortunatly macrumors forums loads just fine, so does apple.com, any help would be appreciated Im at a loss as to what to do next.
    Thanks

2. dorkfish thread starter macrumors newbie

also tried

I also ran a virtual machine, and ran linux from the VMBOX, and it couldnt connect either (testing to see if god forbid I got one of those rumored "mac viruses"

3. revelated macrumors 6502a

revelated

Connect on public hotspot, i.e. Starbucks or McDonalds, see if you can connect everywhere. If you can then it's your home internet.

4. dorkfish thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah im gonna try that tomorrow if nothing else comes up, im hoping its something simple like that

5. revelated macrumors 6502a

revelated

If you can't, you may need to do a plist cleanup. Long story, big rewards. Try the public hotspot first.

6. dorkfish thread starter macrumors newbie

Problem Fixed

I took it to a coffee shop and it was definitely SOMETHING in my computer. So ive been meaning to install snow leopard for some time, so I slicked the hard drive, and upgraded the OS, now my internet works great again. Still havnt figured out what caused the problem though. *shrug* may never know.
    Thanks for all the help!!

7. adnoh macrumors 6502a

adnoh

make a back up of your system now its all good

8. Apple 26.2 Contributor

Apple 26.2

Well done... way to go!