Internet problem.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by haineko6, Sep 10, 2011.

1. haineko6 macrumors newbie

Here's the story. I own a 13' macbook pro (10.6.8) OS X, and I have trouble with internet connection. When I turn on my mac the internet works fine for about 10 minutes, then it dies. However, when I restart it or turn off and then turn on AirPort right away it works again for about 10 minutes and then dies again. Also, my brother told me that wireless doesnt work on his ipod either. Yet, the internet works fine at all times on his PC. Is it an apple thing? Does anyone have a solution for this?

2. gorskiegangsta macrumors 65816

gorskiegangsta

Hard to say. It could be a router problem, or a IP address assigning/lease problem. My 2011 MBP has had wifi dropouts, though rarely, under Snow Leopard. The issue has gone away after upgrading to Lion. My iPod Touch, PSP, and other laptop PCs maintain wifi connection just fine.
    Try reconfiguring the connection in System Preferences>Network

3. haineko6 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the comment! I also noticed that when it stops working the ISP light changes to red, while internet and server go yellow.

4. gorskiegangsta macrumors 65816

gorskiegangsta

The light on the modem?

5. haineko6 thread starter macrumors newbie

No. When I go to network diagnostic on my mac there's a list on the left side with airport, isp etc.