Internet radio on macbook air????

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by RUGGLES99, Mar 26, 2015.

1. RUGGLES99 macrumors 6502

having a great internet radio app on my android tablets and on my 5th gen iPod, i can't seem to find anything worthwhile for OS X thats free or inexpensive and allows me to save favorites. what gives. any recommendations. i mostly care about news and old time radio. tia.

2. Mac-lover3 macrumors 6502

Mac-lover3

3. RUGGLES99 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes, I saw that link before I posted. $33 for snowcap is absurd. In any case, it's pretty bizarre that none of the GREAT internet radios that are available and free or less than $2 for android and apple tablets are, after all the years, unavailable for macs. iTunes radio is just a big botched mess of stations with no organization and to listen you have to actually go in to iTunes. its kind if maddening.

4. motrek macrumors 68020

If you're so upset about it, why not make your own app? Nothing's stopping you.

EDIT: what does "internet radio" even mean? What station do you want to listen to in particular? This web site seems to have a bunch:
    http://www.internet-radio.com/

5. daflake macrumors 6502a

What app are you using that is so great on your devices? Many of the popular sites have internet browser access as well. If you mean there is a specific application that was 3rd party developed, then yes, you will need to make your own or try to find something similar.

6. Bruno09 macrumors 68020

iTunes ?

News : 1268 stations....

7. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

HUh?

Pay the damn $33.

Your love of radio isn't worth $33?

8. RUGGLES99 thread starter macrumors 6502

I discovered that tunein pro that I have on all my tablets is online with all my favorites saved, perfect. But thanks for the tips.input

9. motrek macrumors 68020

Tunein has a web site. Why do you need it in app form?

10. RUGGLES99 thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm just used to apps because I've been using Android tablets over mac laptops for quite a while. I recently got a loaded 2010 mbp 15 and a new 2014 mba 11. But when I found the tunein website I downloaded it to my desktops. I have the tunein app on all my tabs so the website had my profile and favorites so I'm cool now tunein is the best Internet radio as far as I'm concerned.

11. bingeciren macrumors 6502a

bingeciren

I still don't understand what do you wish to accomplish that you cannot do it with iTunes. :confused:

12. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

First, TuneIn is developed iOS first.

Second, TuneIn doesn't have any desktop versions at this time.
    On the Mac you can access it through the TuneIn website.