Internet radio & Podcasts on 3G iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by badgerman, Jun 17, 2008.

1. badgerman macrumors 6502a

Will I be able to stream internet radio using either through wifi or 3G?

Will I be able to download podcasts either through wifi or 3G?

Many thanks :)

2. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

I'm sure someone will have a native radio app available, it's quite trivial to develop.

3. sunfast macrumors 68020

sunfast

I'm really hoping somebody brings internet radio to the iPhone. I'll be so chuffed if so. Hope there isn't some clause hidden in the SDK preventing developers from doing it.

4. zub3qin macrumors 65816

zub3qin

There is iRadio already.

But Shoutcast would be better... unfortunately, like most news/radio/media audio and video sites, they are all flash-based, and SJ has a thing about not allowing flash on iPhone. He claims it is to protect the battery life (meanwhile 3G and GPS aren't hurting battery life? and you can easily configure it to switch flash on or off)

5. The Phazer macrumors 68030

There isn't, but one would note that O2's terms and conditions for mobile internet state that you're not allowed to use it for streaming media. I'm not aware of anyone having had O2 say anything, but they would be quite within their rights to block such a service or charge you for it (as I understand it this is one of the reasons the BBC iPlayer only works on wi-fi - O2 said they'd block it if the BBC didn't).

Phazer

6. badgerman thread starter macrumors 6502a

I would be v happy if tinterweb radio worked through wifi at home :cool:

Any idea on podcasts thru wifi or 3g?