internet radio test please!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by schnaarf, Jan 11, 2009.

1. schnaarf macrumors newbie

Hi, could someone with an iPhone/touch see if they can get this radio station to work on their phone please?

radio2xs.com is the address and there is a tuner there however its a flash stream which I know doesn't naturally work.

There is an mp3 stream as a back up with lower quality:
    http://www.radio2xs.com/radio2XSlo.m3u

I have tried looking for internet radio apps for the phone/touch that allow you to add your own station but haven't had any luck finding it plus I don't have one!

I listen to the station a lot and would like to hear it in the car! Just seeing if it is possible.

many thanks
    Steve

2. NathanA macrumors 6502a

You can add and listen to any MP3 stream on FStream, a free download from the App Store.

HTH,

-- Nathan

3. schnaarf thread starter macrumors newbie

excellent thanks. Would you mind trying it?

many thanks again!

4. NathanA macrumors 6502a

Just tried your station and it works perfectly with FStream, as I expected it to.

Sound quality is crap, though, at 32kbit/s. I don't know why some radio stations insist on low-bitrate MP3 streaming and forcing you to use some kind of embedded thing in your browser to listen to it in an acceptable bitrate.

If FStream supported RTMP, then you could conceivably listen to the higher-quality Flash-based stream on the phone, too. Feature request time! (I can't find any app for the iPhone/Touch that supports RTMP, jailbroken or not.)

-- Nathan