Internet Radio

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by SocarWolverine, Sep 23, 2008.

1. SocarWolverine macrumors newbie

Okay, I'm considering getting the Ipod Touch. I was lookin at the 32Gb because my library is large enough to warrant the space. But another thing I like to do is listen to some internet radio, I know we have Pandora and Last.fm, but I like listening to ESPN radio and some other stuff. I guess my question is, can I listen to the internet radio stations like they have in Itunes when you go to the radio tab on the right? If that doesn't work, does anyone know if you can listen to ESPN radio anywhere else?

2. OnTheiTouch2G macrumors member

I have not had any luck with the streaming radio stations I've tried to listen to because of the no flash issue. But then again, im a noob, anybody else?

3. MaxPower49 macrumors 6502a

Have you tried setting the stations up to stream through orb? Works for listening to sirius online.

Also, check out the stitcher app... they have some espn stuff i think.

4. ebow macrumors 6502a

ebow

Pandora has an app in the iTunes app store. Free, I think (I haven't gotten it yet)

edit: duh, useless post on my part because I misread "I know we have Pandora..." as "I would like to have Pandora..." :p

5. Emvious macrumors newbie

I think FlyCast (formerly FlyTunes) might do what you want. There is both a web app and a free app in the app store, and you can try it out in your PC browser (www.flycast.fm).

The web site has a channel list that lists some ESPN stations, as well as several ESPN podcasts.

I haven't used it for ESPN, but I have used it for other internet radio stations. The web app worked well. The native app is quite new and seemed to be a bit buggy.

6. mariotheotaku macrumors regular

I don't mean to hyjack this thread but I was also looking for a specific radio app that had different genres of music, including japanese, spanish and such? I know ladiotouch is for japanses, what about other apps where you can listen to stream music with a setup like the one in itunes radio?

7. Moocher macrumors regular

The AOL Radio app should be just what you need. It's free and has many internet radio stations organized by genre/type (including sports) and location.

Mooch

8. SocarWolverine thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks, this might have been a dealbreaker if I couldn't keep up with sports on this thing.

9. mixedday macrumors newbie

iPod Touch, and online music

I'm used to listening to MusicChoice, which I get from Comcast on cable. Online, MC can be opened in IE on a Comcast powered internet connection. Doesnt work at work.

Anyways, Im considering purchasing an Ipod touch, and don't know too much about it.

Which comparable internet music radio (commercial free) streaming sites would be compatible with the IPod Touch, and by what use of applications (ipod Touch and online downloads)? Is FlyCast comparable to Music Choice, or better?

10. DuckSoup macrumors 6502a

DuckSoup

I agree with this one as I have it and I think I saw ESPN radio on it. TONS of stations to select from.

Mike