Internet randomly stops working on Snow Leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by celticpride678, Dec 5, 2009.

1. celticpride678

For a while now, my Airport will randomly stop working when browsing the internet. What I mean by that is that when browsing the internet and then trying to open a new tab, it will not load the page I am trying to open. The Airport icon still shows that it is connected, but no pages are loading. I have tried multiple browsers to no avail. As well as restarting.

I am running Mac OS X 10.6.2 with all updates applied.

Any ideas/fixes? Thanks.

2. blasian macrumors newbie

I have the same issue. I've been turning the airport on and off to get my connection working.

I also noticed it only stops working when or if I haven't browsed to a new page after so many minutes.

3. scottness macrumors 65816

scottness

I've run into the same thing a couple times. Turning off Airport and then turning it back on worked both times. Hope that's all you'll need to do.

This Airport, that is.

4. blasian macrumors newbie

5. Rampant.A.I. macrumors 6502a

I've had this problem since I switched too.

I thought it was my cable modem, but resetting that repeatedly never fixes it. It's always the airport that has to be turned on and off.

Funny thing is, didn't Apple JUST update the airport firmware?

6. scottness macrumors 65816

scottness

That's what I was thinking. Very irritating.

7. Sweener88 macrumors 6502

Sweener88

wierd i came across this thread. had EXACT same issue this morning. i also have an issue that when i close my mbp and it sleeps i open it and it wont conntect to internet (says its on router but no internat apps work). Apple seriously needs to address these issues, i keep noticing bugs with snowleopard am im by no means a pro user or do anything out of the ordinary that would lead to finding these types of bugs.

8. celticpride678 thread starter Guest

celticpride678

I am also having that issue with Airport connecting after sleep. Apple needs to address these as quick as possible or more and more users will begin complaining.

9. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

I had this fir the first time this morning on my mini too. had to reboot to get it to work.

10. X5-452 macrumors 6502

X5-452

Sorry to resurrect an old thread.... But this happens to me at least once a day.

It'll say that I'm connected, but when trying to load a page I get a Safari error that I'm not connected. My Gmail app tells me the request has timed out. Twitter and Dropbox both go offline. I have to constantly turn airport off and then back on to get it to function again.

Has anyone figured out a solution to this?

And yes, I'm running the latest version of SL with all the patches and fixes.

11. saiyanhajime macrumors newbie

Apologies for bumping this too, but I'm sick of this now.

My internet connection is not the best, but I can't go blaming it on the net itself when my PC is fine and my friends Dell laptop is having no issues.

Sometimes the internet will just stop loading, but behave as though it's still trying to load and it's taking ages. If I open a new window or tab, that will fail to load too, just pretending it's loading for eternity. I have to quit the browser and reopen to get it to work - or turn airport on and off.

Problem occurs with Safari, Firefox and Opera. I shan't bother trying anymore since it's obviously not the browsers.

Don't know what to do. I havn't always had this issue, either. It's only started last couple of months. In fact, I really noticed it big time when I got rid of my antivirus software as that was preventing me from logging into/staying logged into various forums. (VirusBarrier X6).

EDIT: Oh, and airport always needs to be turned off and on again after sleep. Always. Snow Leopard 10.6.7, in case it matters.