Internet Service Issues

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by fastlanephil, Aug 1, 2014.

1. fastlanephil macrumors 65816

fastlanephil

My internet browsing was getting crazier and crazier, especially when using my iPad. Just about every time I would try to load a new page I would be sent to the Game Center or some other commercial site unless I quickly cancelled the page load. If I was taken to a unwanted site I would have to reload Safari and then I could go where I wanted. I was about ready to try another ISP service even though it would be more expensive and I don't care much for Comcast. I prefer using a local provider if possible.

But lately the problem is gone but it takes awhile for pages to load. Maybe my local ISP is using a different up steam provider or they are blocking what ever was causing the original issue so it slows down the browsing speed.

Has anyone experienced this issue or know what exactly is going on?

2. Rodster macrumors 68040

Yeah, i've never had the problem. Have you tried force closing Safari then clearing out your cookies and history?

3. HarryWarden macrumors 6502a

Try the Speedtest iOS App. What kind of speed does it say you're getting? What speeds are you supposed to get? From my (limited) knowledge of Comcast, I thought they usually deliver pretty fast speeds. At least, they are supposed to.

4. fastlanephil thread starter macrumors 65816

fastlanephil

I installed Speedtest IOS and my download speed is about 15Mbps and my upload speed is less than .5Mbps which is what is has been all along but it use to be 6Mbps so that might be an issue. I'm using local Hood Canal Communication but I have no idea who their upstream provider is right now.

I'll send them a message and see if maybe they need to flush things out from their end.

I use MacScan to eliminate tracking cookies on my Macs.

5. BrianBaughn macrumors 603

BrianBaughn

Have you looked at your DNS settings for the connection to see if there's anything odd?