Internet Sharin

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by nigelgjones, Jul 21, 2011.

1. nigelgjones macrumors newbie

Hi,

I know there is an existing thread but its very long and diverged into something else.

I installed Lion and Internet sharing has gone down. I use it at my office which is also my home and Ive had to change the ethernet connection onto the Mac with Snow Leopard just to get internet.

I did try resetting the WEP password etc restarting the modem but it just won't work.

If anyone has found a solution to this other than the above please let me know.

there aere other posters who seem to have resolved it but not me HELP!

Nige

2. helimom93 macrumors newbie

helimom93

Internet Sharing in Preferences with Lion

I have a smilar issue, just a little different and before the fact. I have been reading all about the issues with Lion before I personally upgrade from Snow Leopard. I have been to the Apple Store today for my One-to-one and have asked a few questions about the comments I have heard. The one thing my instructor couldn't say for sure was about the Internet Sharing option in the System Preferences, I use the "Sharing Option" and make my iMac into a router for my Apple TV and my iPhone services, it works great! I'm just afraid that after I install Lion that this will become a thing of the past and I won't be able to use the iMac as a router. I don't want to drag out the router and install it, but will if I am forced to. Does anyone, who has installed Lion, have any input as to the feasibility of this remaining an option?