Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hnic247

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 5, 2011
Lindenwold, Nj
If I'm connected to a wifi network can I share it so that I could use that same network on my iPhone?.

I'm trying to share the xfinitywifi network I am connected to so I can connect with my iphone but the range is limited so I wanted to connect with my computer and extended the range so I can catch the signal in the other room. Is this possible? Or does it only share Ethernet connections?

g4cube

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2003
Not directly, but you could if you had something like the Seagate Wireless Plus, or the LaCie Fuel which both have a WiFi sharing ability.

On the other hand, if you're laptop is connected via WiFi, why not use the same access for your iPhone, unless you are limited to only one connection.

hnic247

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 5, 2011
Lindenwold, Nj
Not directly, but you could if you had something like the Seagate Wireless Plus, or the LaCie Fuel which both have a WiFi sharing ability.

On the other hand, if you're laptop is connected via WiFi, why not use the same access for your iPhone, unless you are limited to only one connection.

Because it wont reach where i need it to. I want to share my iMac Wifi so it extends the range of the wifi.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.