internet sharing - no closed network in leopard?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by hotshotharry, Nov 29, 2007.

1. hotshotharry macrumors 6502

I just noticed that it seems as though you can no longer create a hidden computer to computer network under leopard anymore!

Does anyone know how to enable this or am i missing a check box somewhere?

2. hotshotharry thread starter macrumors 6502

I am having the same problem! lol its driving me crazy! I want to make an invisible network as well but it looks like that is no longer an option now that i upgraded to leopard !

3. taylorwilsdon macrumors 68000

taylorwilsdon

What the hell are you talking about? You aren't having the same problem - you made this thread...

4. hotshotharry thread starter macrumors 6502

BAHAHA ! guess i didn't look to see who posted the first one! :) its been a long day already lol

5. Guntis macrumors member

Guntis

10.5.2 - the same problem

I've set up at my home closed (invisible SSID) wireless network using WPA2 Personal encryption. Everything worked fine for 3 days - as soon as I opened my laptop, it reconnected in 2-3 seconds! I was so happy -- until I went to my office and had to add there 2 additional locations and 2 additional wireless networks.
    Returning home, my laptop couldn't find my closed network anymore, and showed only neighbours' networks. Every time I restarted my Mac I had to use Connection wizard to reconnect to my closed network. I deleted keychain, connected again and checked that password would be saved in Keychain. After restart the same problem again. So I had to change network from closed to visible, now Mac connects again. I sent bug report to Apple.