Internet Sharing Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Rhosfelt, Oct 16, 2007.

1. Rhosfelt macrumors 65816

Rhosfelt

Hello guys, to begin here is the information on my system;
    Intel Core 2 Duo iMac (latest version of tiger 10.4.10)

I am trying to share my internet from ethernet in to airport out..and I have been doing this for quite some time now.. however, I was at a friend's dorm reccently and he needed to do just about the same, only with a G3 ppc mac that had two ethernet ports.

So, I spent the weekend thinking about how to go about doing that.. and now I disabled my iMac's connection and it is doing the same thing!

The problem is that the computer just doesn't want to share the connection, I will turn it on, but no arrow will come up on my airport, and as soon as I click the lock or off system preferences and back on the sharing will say turned off. It did this before, but as soon as I configured the settings to the aiport options it worked. So I tried that again and w/ completely new settings nothing still kicking me from sharing..

Any idea's at all..this is starting to really fustrate me twice as much now, because I though it was a problem with maybe my friend's computer being old, but now my (practically) brand new iMac is doing the same thing, and also I HAD THIS WORKING BEFORE..

Any help...is it a new tiger bug?!

edit: my mbp won't do it, so i'm calling apple...

2. Rhosfelt thread starter macrumors 65816

Rhosfelt

So I just was on hold for 20 minutes, and had a ten minute conversation with some lady, who I don't think understood what I am trying to do..

So she ended up saying "you can't do that" when I was no less than 3 hours ago....

So now not only can i not get wireless in my dorm again..but now my iPt is useless b/c we still don't have VPN 802.1x support.. :mad::mad::mad:

I was just doing this, this morning and I do not understand how I could lose the ability on just booting into windows and restarting back in mac >_<