Internet sharing Wirelessly

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Syonidism, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Syonidism macrumors regular

Hi!

im at the new lab that our university opened up for a couple of us programmers and we found out that we were downloading stuff at 5mb/sec.

So after downloading most of our favorite videos from youtube in less than 15 minutes we decided why should we keep this to ourselves?

we are trying to get my mac pro (pre '08) to route the PPPOE connection wirelessly so an Asus eee900 (xp sP3) can connect through it.

After tinkering and such I have managed to share the internet connection however the eee900 cannot connect to it.

**edit: the eee900 can "see" the connection named "Silencer" however it cannot connect to it saying "win cant connect to this wireless make sure its getting the reception" more or less**

Is there something i shouldve done? something i missed? is it PPPOE related?

PS: also we made this possible in linux just by setting up the pc so that it serves as a DHCP router.

thx in advance sorry if admins dont find this suitable for here, i really didn't have any idea where to put it.

2. irishgrizzly macrumors 65816

irishgrizzly

You'll get better replies in Apple Software > Mac OS X Forums > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking :)