Internet Sharing

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Savagestorm, Oct 26, 2008.

1. Savagestorm macrumors member

So I got told in the Apple store that I can use my MBA to connect my PS3 to the internet via internet sharing. My problem however is that I get an error message when attempting to connect my PS3, as it fails to obtain an ip address due to the operation timing out. The shared connection works just fine with my iphone, so I don't know what the problem is.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. joshua_msu macrumors regular

joshua_msu

I am have the same problem, only with an iMac. Anyone available to help?

3. Cerebrus' Maw macrumors 6502

Not being famialir with PS3 ( I admit, I still use windows for games =D ) when your setting up the Wireless on the PS3, can you set what security type to use? It should detect it automatically, but you never know.
    Also, what type of security is on your wireless? WPA2? WEP? Sometime WPA2 can cause problames with clients that are not Mac hardware...
    Also, have you any security running on the host Mac? Something like MAC addressing, or Firewall?

4. Savagestorm thread starter macrumors member

I wasn't using any security, simply to avoid any issue's. After doing a bit of research online, I came across some commands in terminal, however they where for 10.4 rather than 10.5. I've looked and looked and not found a solution that works now. I'm sure there is one out there, but nothing on the internet currently works.