Internet slowdown with power cord plugged in

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nicoritschel, Jun 28, 2008.

1. nicoritschel macrumors regular

Hey there. Since I've been running leopard, my 2.16 CD Macbook Pro's internet connection comes to almost a standstill when my power cord is plugged in to the computer. About a minute after I disconnect it, everything's back to normal. I've searched for others with a similar problem, but I haven't had much luck. Any advice? Thanks

2. CaptainChunk macrumors 68020

CaptainChunk

Sounds pretty bizarre. The only thing I can think of is check the Energy Saver pane in System Preferences and make sure that the settings aren't set to reduced performance for AC power.

3. //Converted// macrumors newbie

Same Here

I have been having close to the same problem with my 15" Macbook.
    I bought it in september 07 but recently have not been able to get ANY wireless signal when the power cord is plugged in. If I have a low battery then I usually have to: load a page->plug in to keep it alive->read what I want->then unplug after clicking a link to load again... (kinda sucks)
    This could be because I am using someone else's wireless in my apartment complex (not always the best signal), but it is strong enough to work fairly quickly when I have it unplugged. I will see what happens when I go back to my house for thanksgiving (I am in college for now) so I can use the wireless network that I set up there.

Again, this is frustrating because there seems to be very few people with this problem... Any help would be awesome

*clicks "Submit Reply"* -> *unplugs macbook to send*

4. //Converted// macrumors newbie

??

Ok, so I am at home, and the internet works fine right now even though it is plugged in... so I have to assume that some combination of unreliable internet signal, interference of the electrical current itself, or possibly the magnet on the cord (yes, I know it is supposed to be insulated inside the case)causes some glitch... at least in my situation...

:confused: