Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Grunze

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 16, 2006
Hi. Earlier today my airport stopped working. I have a 24-inch iMac. On our PC desktop the internet is connected with ethernet and is currently working fine. It also works on my brother's Wii which is connected through Wi-Fi. I can connect to the wireless router on my computer and I can get to it's settings but for some reason the internet won't work.

I've tried power cycling the router a few times but I don't think that's the problem because the Wii browser works fine. I also tried deleting the password from the keychain and reinputting it when connecting to the router.

Any Ideas? :confused:

Grunze

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 16, 2006
Have you tried restarting? Have you tried connecting via ethernet? :)

Yes I tried restarting.

No, I haven't tried that because the computer is in another room than the one that our modem and router are in but seeing how portable the iMac is I guess I could try that.

Grunze

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 16, 2006
Very Strange

I don't know what happened. I didn't even try doing anything. I just turned on my computer this morning and now the internet works fine. :)

Well at least it's working now.

Grunze

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 16, 2006
No Problems Now

It was really strange. My signal showed all 4 arcs at full strength but the internet didn't work at all.

Now it's back at 3/4 arcs and everything works normally as it should.:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.