internet stops working a few minutes...help please!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by wemustsing, Dec 17, 2009.

1. wemustsing macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I have a macbook that is about 2 years old, maybe a little less, and recently it's been giving me trouble. Every time I go online (on firefox or safari), the internet stops working after about 20 minutes. It used to be about every hour but it's more frequent now. To fix it I have to restart. Once I restarted and the internet didn't even work. It's getting to be immensely frustrating since I have to save everything else I'm working on, restart, and then reopen everything. I don't know much about computers but I'm using a wireless that's shared with one other mac and one other pc in the house. Any ideas of what I should do?
    Thanks!

2. Skippy440 macrumors member

Skippy440

Are the other computers experiencing the same issue? If they are then you might want to look at your router.
    What is the OS version on it? Make sure that it's up to date.
    Are the other computers connected wireless or through cords? It could be an issue with the wireless portion of the router if the other two computers are corded and your macbook is the wireless. Try to update the firmware on your router and see if the problem resolves itself.

Good luck and keep us updated.