Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TrancyGoose

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 13, 2021
So today, I started noticing that the internet stops working randomly, on WIFI.
I would do stuff, and then it just stops working, normal browsing stuff.
Yet, wifi is connected, and all other devices in the house are fine. TV is playing programs from internet, iPhones are fine as well.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

I am running a M1 Macbook Pro with latest available stable Mac OS

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
So today, I started noticing that the internet stops working randomly, on WIFI.
I would do stuff, and then it just stops working, normal browsing stuff.
Yet, wifi is connected, and all other devices in the house are fine. TV is playing programs from internet, iPhones are fine as well.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

I am running a M1 Macbook Pro with latest available stable Mac OS

It could be your router even though it’s only the one device that is being affected. Did you try rebooting It?

Reactions: TrancyGoose

TrancyGoose

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 13, 2021
It could be your router even though it’s only the one device that is being affected. Did you try rebooting It?
Restarted my mac, a couple of times, in an hour issue returned.
Now, funny thing is, the issue has gone away, and I haven't lost any internet connection anymore, hopefully, it will stay this way.

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
Restarted my mac, a couple of times, in an hour issue returned.
Now, funny thing is, the issue has gone away, and I haven't lost any internet connection anymore, hopefully, it will stay this way.

I still think it’s the router. I’ve had such issues in the past, and rebooting the router solves it.

TrancyGoose

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 13, 2021
I still think it’s the router. I’ve had such issues in the past, and rebooting the router solves it.
good thing, power went out like for 30 mins today, so good reboot was done lol :D Thank you!

Lihp8270

macrumors 65816
Dec 31, 2016
Are you downloading large files?

I had an issue of relatively slow speeds and dropping the internet while downloading.

It was fixed by changing the MTU

Reactions: TrancyGoose

TrancyGoose

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 13, 2021
Are you downloading large files?

I had an issue of relatively slow speeds and dropping the internet while downloading.

It was fixed by changing the MTU
I was not, there was vide running on the background from youtube, that is about it, I am watching news during work, while working on work computer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.