Internet stops working when connecting Macbook to HDTV

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by vent32, Aug 7, 2008.

1. vent32 macrumors newbie

Hello

I'm having a bit of problem when connecting my macbook to my samsung hdtv. I have the mini dvi to dvi adapter connected to a dvi to hdmi cable and it works perfectly however for some reason the internet either slows right down or stops working. I'm connected via wireless on o2 and was just wondering if anyone else has this problem and if there is a solution.

It's not a major problem, just find it a bit strange as the internet works fine when i'm not going through the TV

Many thanks

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

hooking up a display and wifi are seperate issues and shouldnt affect each other.

does this happen everytime or have you only noticed it once? if once, may just be a coincidence

or when you hook up to the tv, is your laptop placed where it may be getting poor wifi reception? thatd be my other guess

3. vent32 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the quick response, it seems to do it every time and I'm pretty much sat right next to my hub. I thought it was just a coincidence to begin with but then tried it again later and the same thing happened

4. KoolStar macrumors demi-god

KoolStar

Well it would seem like the TV may be causing some sort of interference. You might try hooking your computer up to another tv and see if it still occurs.