Internet Tethering 3.1.2 [tutorial]

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by funrush, Oct 19, 2009.

1. funrush macrumors regular

This hack requires a jailbreak(open SSH), iPhone 3G or 3GS and firmware 3.1.2.

Ok let's get started.

Downlaod:

3GS: http://iphwn.org/CommCenter_3gs_312.zip
    3G: http://iphwn.org/CommCenter_3g_312.zip

Put the 'CommCenter3G.patch' or 'CommCenter3GS.patch' on your desktop and rename it to: 'CommCenter.patch'.

SSH you iPhone and go to:

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support/CommCenter

Copy that file to your desktop. Both 'CommCenter.patch' and 'CommCentre' are now on your DESKTOP (important).

Open your OSX terminal. Enter:

cd Desktop
    bspatch CommCenter CommCenter-hacked CommCenter.patch

This command line exeuted 'CommCenter.patch' and put a new (hacked) CommCentre file on your desktop.

Put the orignal CommCenter in the trash and rename the hacked CommCeter file to: CommCenter

Go back to your iPhone via open SSH. rename the original CommCenter file that is still on your iPhone to 'CommCenter Backup'. Now copy the hacked CommCenter file from your desktop to the same directory.

Reboot iPhone.

Done.

[​IMG]

ALL CREDS GO TO MUSCLE NERD

2. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

3. nickcliborne macrumors regular

You missed the step about going back and setting the hacked comm center file to executable

4. polobreaka macrumors 6502a

steps from iclarified works pretty painless for me. pretty much same step as OP but using Fugus app instead.

5. musico macrumors newbie

Now, how can I access the internet?

I have done the instructions, but how can I initiate the connection? I'm expecting the Tethering menu at the Settings/General but it's still not there. Help anyone?

6. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Easy method...Install MyWi from Rock Your Phone as a free trial. Delete application via SSH (not via uninstall). The hack that enables tethering should stay on your phone. I wish I had known this before I shelled out $10, but I do like the wifi hotspot feature that I would lose if I deleted.