Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bryanc28

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 7, 2007
Arlington, Va
The wheel won't stop spinning and it is killing my battery life. I have tried everything...resetting network settings, removing micro-sim...How do I stop it from constantly spinning??:mad:

b0blndsy

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2010
Illinois
Did yu tried searching online for a solution. I found few things that may help:

1. click on the internet tethering option, select
"setup internet tethering," and then click on cancel. that will stop the continuous spinning wheel.

2. Stop the application that may be accessing the network & reboot the device.

bryanc28

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 7, 2007
Arlington, Va
Did yu tried searching online for a solution. I found few things that may help:

1. click on the internet tethering option, select
"setup internet tethering," and then click on cancel. that will stop the continuous spinning wheel.

2. Stop the application that may be accessing the network & reboot the device.

I am not able to "click" on the setup internet tethering. it just keeps spinning. i have no other applications running.

b0blndsy

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2010
Illinois

bryanc28

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 7, 2007
Arlington, Va
hmmm strange...

I hope this is what you are doing: Slide your Cellular Data slider to turn it on to stop the spinning wheel, and its show up Set Up Internet Tethering. That’s it.

This is the url where i found the possible solutions: http://www.seasonsecurity.com/a/how-to-stop-internet-tethering-on-iphone-112309.html

Yes, cellular data is on, but the wheel is still spinning and i can not press it; it is not giving me any option to disable. I have tried everything from removing the sim, to erasing network setting. I am annoyed by this bug. I figured this may be the cause of my battery drain issue. Even when I turn cellular data off,the internet tethering wheel still spins...

kkandola

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2011
UK, Preston
how to stop internet tethering

i have the same problem with my iphone 4, my iphone 4 is jail broken, it lets me downloads apps and surf the internet but when i turn 3g off an switch to wifi the internet tethering spinning wheel comes on an i cant seem it let it stop please help

Sanjanov

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2010

Sanjanov

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2010
Excuse me for a double post- just figured out how to solve it!!!
The easy way is just to screw up all your celular data settings in the celular data networks bar.

Hopefully some one will come up with abetter solution to this nonsence so that we can use celular data network without worrying about our battery life drained by that tethering.

modit

macrumors 6502
Apr 8, 2008
Canada
Can't tether to my new Mac!

Excuse me for a double post- just figured out how to solve it!!!
The easy way is just to screw up all your celular data settings in the celular data networks bar.

Hopefully some one will come up with abetter solution to this nonsence so that we can use celular data network without worrying about our battery life drained by that tethering.

My phone is acting up as well with the endless spinning wheel from yesterday :( Any real solutions then the ones posted here?

BTW Sanjanov, can you post a step by step guide to help up?

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.