Internet Tethering

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rickytowner, Jun 17, 2009.

1. rickytowner macrumors member

rickytowner

I just updated to 3.0 and can't find Internet Tethering anywhere? could someone help me please?? :confused:

Thankyou for the help in advance :)

2. jman240 macrumors 6502a

2 things may or may not be in the OS for a while depending on your carrier.

1. Tethering
    2. MMS

if you're on ATT there is NO ETA FOR THESE.

3. cpnotebook80 macrumors 6502a

usually if your carrier supports it, when u are done updating to the new OS 3, you will get a pop up for updating carrier settings. If you didn't then its not yet supported.

4. pauliphone macrumors regular

yeah it is there for UK, I have got it working on o2, go settings > general > network, then you have the option to turn on tethering

5. rickytowner thread starter macrumors member

rickytowner

I dont have it :( im on Pay As You Go does that make any difference? :confused:

6. GreenWings macrumors newbie

GreenWings

Yes. Tethering is not available for PAYG O2 customers.

Its also a bit of a swizz for existing iPhone Pay Monthly customers - £15 per month for 3Gigs per month :(

7. ridcully macrumors newbie

I'm in the UK on an o2 contract. When I click on "Set Up Internet Tethering" I am directed to a web page displaying this?

Internet tethering lets you connect your iPhone to your computer and use it as a modem so you can get on the internet, a bit like mobile broadband. To use this you'll need to be on an iPhone tariff and purchase an Internet Tethering Bolt On. Available from 19 June.
    Bolt Ons for Pay Monthly

3GB - £14.68 a month (minimum 30 days)
    10GB - £29.36 a month (minimum 30 days)
    Bolt Ons for Business & Corporate *

3GB - £12.77 a month (minumum 30 days)
    9GB - £23.83 a month (minimum 30 days)
    3GB - £9.99 a month (minimum 24 months)
    9GB - £20.00 a month (minimum 24 months)
    Internet Tethering using your iPhone will use up your data allowance. All Internet Tethering Bolt Ons include unlimited Wi-Fi access from our partner The Cloud's 5,000 hotspots (BT Openzone to follow). To use Wi-Fi on your laptop, you should make sure you switch off Internet Tethering on your iPhone and connect your laptop directly to the Wi-Fi hotspot. It may take up to 24 hours to set up your Internet Tethering Bolt On. Excessive usage policy applies.
    To find out more, view the terms and to purchase
    tap here.

Unfortunately internet tethering is not available for Pay & Go customers.

If you want to use the internet on your laptop while you're out, there's O2 Mobile Broadband on Pay & Go from £2 a day. Find out more.
    *Prices are ex VAT.

8. rickytowner thread starter macrumors member

rickytowner

I just used one of the hacks and now im posting this post while Tethered to my iPhone 3G Pay As You Go, woop woop :D The only reason i want to be able to Tether is for when i go on holidya lol a week is too long to go without internet lol :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

9. optophobia macrumors 6502a

optophobia

Good for you. I am getting more and more impressed with the younger generation being able to hack these iphones.

10. Neo-Tech macrumors regular

@OP, How did you manage to work it? I have tried everything my 14 year old brain can think of and nothing works :(

11. rickytowner thread starter macrumors member

rickytowner

http://www.iphone-notes.de/mobileconfig/

Go hear and select you carrier then, you will just have to email the file to your iPhone and open it :D