Internet time limit software?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by macfromwayback2, Feb 7, 2010.

1. macfromwayback2 macrumors newbie

Does anyone know of a program that will turn off internet access after a person uses a set amount of time?

I want my child to be allowed on-line for 3 hrs a day, once they use up this time internet access is not allowed.

I think they make this software for PCs but have not been able to find anything for Macs.

2. thunderboltspro macrumors regular

i know snow leopard has a parental control in the preference panel that would allow you to control that and apps.

3. macfromwayback2 thread starter macrumors newbie

does snow leopard add up minutes over the course of the day?

I need something that will add up 5 minutes here, 10 minutes there, until it totals 3 hours and then shuts down.
    I haven't upgraded to snow leopard, but would if it actually adds up minutes used over the course of the day.

I'm using OS 10.5 now which has a feature that lets you identify specific times the computer can be used, but it doesn't track time used over an extended period of time.

Is Snow Leopard different?

4. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

10.6 Parental Controls allows for a total time per day, differentiating between weekdays and weekends. I have to assume that the discrete amounts are added up over the course of the day, because it's stated as per day, not per session.

The limit seems to be on total usage, not internet access or specific apps.