Internet Usage on iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by atiffarooq, Jul 9, 2008.

1. atiffarooq macrumors 6502

atiffarooq

Hi guys. I'm waiting with eager anticipation for the new iPhone on Friday, it's going to be my first one (didn't buy the first version as I was tied down to Orange for another 7 months or so). Anyway I have a question which is slightly off topic from the other posts recently, which all concern general excitement about how one person is getting the iPhone before another (or at least believes they are), and therefore has to tell the world, then cannot back up there statements with any hard evidence!

My question(s) regards the Internet usage on the device. When you are accessing the Internet, are the pages displayed as you would see them on the Internet on your normal computer, using the Safari browser? For instance, will I be able to log on to these forums from the iPhone, read threads, post topics and reply to current threads as well? Or is the device good for mainly browsing the Internet, but not for sites where data entry is required?

Thanks for any help!

Atif

2. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

Yes. You can do all of that.

3. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

Yep, it will all look exactly like it does from your Mac, just a lot smaller. Some websites will detect that you are browsing from a mobile phone and automatically send you to the mobile version of their website. MR has a mobile version of their site as well (mobile.macrumors.com) but they allow you to choose whether or not you want that one or the regular one.

4. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

Assumptions like that are what give this community a bad name.

5. grafkrtst macrumors newbie

Sometimes when I'm on the go, I do the web maintenance on my company's site. I am able to access the site admin thru the Safari browser and make changes, it works perfect!