Internet use 'good for the brain'

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by edesignuk, Oct 14, 2008.

1. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

BBC.

So there, your time isn't wasted :D

2. bartelby macrumors Core

One of the things I can manage the least is making a decision.

I'm obviously not spending enough time on the web!

3. roisin and mac macrumors 6502

Wow, that's cool stuff! Well, I always knew that though, I've been boosting my brain-power since 1998 whenever I could get cheap rates :p

Actually though, it's a neat article to keep; where I am internet use is just beginning to become more widespread, as the first broadband connections were made available to homes around two years ago in large metropolitan areas, and alongside these long overdue developments we've been subjected to the inevitable panic engineered by the non-internet-based newsmedia about Internet Addiction :rolleyes::rolleyes: It's gotten to the point where the Department of Health, normally a sober, calm institution not given to indulging public hysteria, bundled Internet 'addiction' with addictions to substances such as illegal drugs and tobacco:eek::rolleyes:. So it's useful to keep articles like that handy as ammnition for when the BS gets too much ;)

Yeah, that's right, doctors orders mate, time to buckle down here!:):apple:

4. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

It's always wonderful when medical research supports one's own personal preferences. Clearly, this article is of a piece with the medical stuff which supports the Mediterranean lifestyle (a glass of red wine a day is good for you sort of thing). Anyway, good to know (and, above all, to be able to cite).
    Cheers

5. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Excellent news. All you need to do now is to decide if it's worth spending more time on the internet...