Internet very slow on the new MBP 15''! Please help????

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by superstrongboy, Feb 26, 2011.

1. superstrongboy macrumors member

So i bought the high end 15'' MBP today but my internet speed is horrible on the laptop...all my devices like my old laptop, my phone and my ipod touch have excellent wifi connection and i get a good speed on these devices...but my new macbook pro's internet is horriibly slow and i can barely start youtube vids let alone watch them. what should i do guys? please help

2. jimithing macrumors member

try restarting it.. from time to time youtube vids will be choppy on my 11" air and i restart and all is good... which is one reason I am returning it as soon as I get my new macbook pro on monday lol... if this doesnt work, go to the apple store, when they see it is slow on their network they will give you a new one, no questions asked.

3. superstrongboy thread starter macrumors member

isnt there anything else i can do except for going to the apple store? its pretty far and i dont wanna go there agian too much of a PAITA

4. iPhone1 macrumors 65816

iPhone1

Try this:

delete wifi network
    turn off airport
    turn off your router
    turn off cable modem/dsl/whatever

turn on cable modem/dsl/dial up whatever wait for complete boot
    turn on router wait for green light
    turn on airport
    rejoin network

go to speedtest.net to verify speeds.

5. jimithing macrumors member

really just restarting your wireless router is the only thing mentioned that is necessary... not deleting your wifi network and blah blah bLAH

6. superstrongboy thread starter macrumors member

ah thanks bro that worked wonders...i restarted it before i posted the quetion but it still had the same problem