Internet videos into iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macfilm, Nov 18, 2007.

1. macfilm macrumors regular

Hi, does anyone know how to get a downloaded video of the internet (not from iTunes) into iPhone??

Like mpg, mov, wmv, avi etc etc....cause I have some short few minute vids I downloaded of the net and want to put them on my iPhone.

I've got compressor also, if that helps.

2. THE JUICEMAN macrumors 68000

THE JUICEMAN

i used Videora iPod Converter when i transfered videos to my iPod. and now these same videos have been transfered over to my iPhone so i guess that program will work. i dont know exactly where i found it but im guessing a google search will do the trick. hope that helps

3. al256 macrumors 6502a

al256

I use quicktime pro and for youtube I use TubeSock plus quicktime pro. TubeSock doesn't work when I set it to export to iPhone. :/

4. snook911 macrumors 6502a

Use Jodix ( http://www.ipod-video-converter.org/ ) to convert to ipod/iphone
    compatible. Goto output folder find new file drag and drop into movies in itunes and sync. Thats what i do could'nt be eaiser. If you want a cool place to find new movies to download check out www.redcurtainmovies.com

5. macfilm thread starter macrumors regular

6. macfilm thread starter macrumors regular

All these seem to be .exe?? Know any for mac that are free??

7. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

I found this little gem that is a plugin for safari-
    http://www.cocoamug.com/cosmopod/

grabs and encodes just about any video file to mp4, even Real Media (.rm)
    and its Mac based :)

Not free, it costs around $10 but its shareware, so it works once then you have to restart safari for another encode. pay for the license and you can do as many as you want without restarting safari.

8. macfilm thread starter macrumors regular