Internet works but cannot connect to apple's server

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Watabou, Jun 8, 2009.

1. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

My internet connection works fine but when I try to do a software update, it fails and gives me an error. Same with Quicktime when I try to watch the presentation. Anyone know why this is happening?

These are the error windows that I get:

Attached Files:

2. Sayer macrumors 6502a

Sayer

Maybe Apple announced some new products today including software that is overwhelming their servers?

3. Watabou thread starter macrumors 68040

Watabou

Yeah I should have added that this started happening since yesterday. :eek:

4. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

I got this on my iMac when I came back in between terms at uni, I think I remedied it by downloading the 10.5.6 combo update off apples website, because I got that same error you got with the software update app, after that I was able to use the software update app just fine.

Don't know whether that's relevant to you though.

5. Watabou thread starter macrumors 68040

Watabou

Well I got it working now and I think I found the problem.

I recently had glimmerblocker uninstalled because I didn't need it anymore but this move made Safari and Opera stop working for some really weird reason. Firefox still worked fine and I could access the internet with it. The reason I suspected glimmer blocker was the problem was because when i disabled glimmer blocker previously, it wouldn't let me go to the internet via Opera.

So I installed it again and now everything works, which puzzles me. :confused:

This means that I need to have glimmer blocker enabled to make everything run fine...