Internet works in BootCamp but not OS X!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Donz0r, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Donz0r macrumors 6502a

Hi,
    I just got a new 15'' MBP, and I installed bootcamp and xp. The internet works on windows in bootcamp and through parallels (bootcamp virtual machine) but not in OS X!!

It says it's working fine. But when I go in safari it can't load anything over airport OR ethernet!!!

Any suggestions?

It worked fine before I installed Parallels. I just got rid of the parallels virtual machine though and it still won't work

2. nws0291 macrumors 6502

Did you load the drivers from the Leopard CD? Go into device manager and find the network card and click properties. Select the driver tab an then select uninstall driver. Reboot the machine and then reinstall the network driver from the Leopard DVD.

3. Donz0r thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes I installed from Leopard CD on the windows partition. Windows is working great and the internet works fine.

The problem is with OS X! The internet does not work in OS X ever since I installed parallels. I unistalled parallels and all of the preference files and folders and startup items and it is still not working

4. spaceboots06 macrumors 6502a

spaceboots06

I had a similar problem with VM Ware. Everything worked fine until I tried booting up XP natively and nothing would work, at all. I kinda shied away from this because of the incident (having to reinstall everything XP related) but slowly went back to virtualization software.