Internet Works in Leopard, but does not work in XP.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by hillbilly181, Nov 10, 2007.

1. hillbilly181 macrumors member

I was playing WoW in Windows XP mode, and left my computer. I came back 5 minutes later, and the computer was restarted in Leopard!

My guess is that in Windows mode I got the "blue screen of death" error, so the computer restarted into it's default mode of Leopard (which happens occasionally)

When I restarted back into Windows XP, my internet was not working. At all.
    It works in Mac mode, and on all the other computers in the house. In windows mode, It doesn't work in Mozilla or IE, so it isn't a browser issue.

Can anyone logically gues what happened, and most preferably a way to fix this? I can't play world of warcraft atm and I'm sick on a saturday night and it's frusterating. I've spent the last 3 hours trying to fix it :( .

Thank you, Daniel.

2. andreiru macrumors 6502

andreiru

Hello mate, did you manage to sort your problem out? If so, care to share the solution... I am in the same situation - no internet after a blue screen (most probably) in XP!

3. Avenger23 macrumors regular

Avenger23

Have you possibly checked to see if the drivers for the networking hardware are still valid or loaded on the computer? I would check there first and see... worse comes to worse you can always reload the drivers from the Leopard disc. Another idea is to see if you can release/renew the IP address from the command line prompt... ipconfig /release or /renew to see if you can actually get an address from your LAN. Just some quick ideas there to try out. :)

4. yoyo5280 macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

Ya, unfortunately its probably a driver issue...

However doesnt WoW work fine in leopard?

5. andreiru macrumors 6502

andreiru

Well, for me, I did try reinstalling the drivers - no luck with that.

Renewing IP address wouldn't help here either, as the problem is somewhere before I get to that stage even, as I cannot see any networks alltogether.

6. andreiru macrumors 6502

andreiru

I have now fixed the drivers, and it works!

I did reinstall the dirvers before with no luck, but this time I have deleted specifically the ethernet drivers, and then installed them through device manager, pointing to the cd drive. Wahay.