Internship as a Cocoa/Objective-C developer?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by tpost, Feb 27, 2009.

1. tpost macrumors newbie

I'm looking for an internship as a Cocoa/Objective-C developer in California. Has anyone any suggestions for companies who may offer such an internship?
    I'm looking for something for 3-4 months in the timeframe of sept 2009 - feb 2010. Apple offers such internships. I applied for one but I heard that it is very hard to get one. So I'm looking for some alternatives.

2. nadyne macrumors 6502a

The Macintosh Business Unit at Microsoft offers summer internships to college students. We're the largest all-Mac development shop outside of Apple, and we've got lots of Cocoa/Obj-C work going on right now. We're split between Redmond, WA, and Mountain View, CA. The former is in the Seattle area, the latter is in the San Francisco Bay Area.

For more information about Microsoft internships in general, check out this page. If you're qualified for an internship and you can do a summer one instead of the specific dates you listed, PM me and I'll be happy to get your résumé into the right hands. Our internships for this summer (May-Aug 2009) are going to be full very soon, and we'll start considering candidates for internships for summer 2010 in the fall (October-ish).

You might also want to consider applying for a scholarship to attend WWDC this summer. (Apple hasn't announced WWDC dates yet, so I can't give you a link to the page.) It's a great opportunity for college students to get to meet the Apple developer company, and there's usually a recruiting event for college students during WWDC too.

Regards,
    Nadyne.

3. tpost thread starter macrumors newbie

May-August I have exams and the defense of my BS thesis. So that wouldn't work. :-( Although thank you for the tip!