Interrogated by the U.S border.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by waloshin, Sep 19, 2009.

1. waloshin macrumors 68040

waloshin

I was on my way with my co worker to North Dakota to pick up a Zune HD from Walmart. When we went to enter the States we were pulled to the side and both had to fill out a blue paper. We were later called in and Interrogated for about 5 minutes each. Can you think of any reason why?

- Neither of us were ever arrested.

- Neither of us have any type of criminal record.

So what was up?

2. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Did you pronounce the word "about" as "aboot"? Obvious sign of a criminal of the north.

3. waloshin thread starter macrumors 68040

waloshin

Haha actually I said Y'all whats up!

4. tooz macrumors 6502

The only problem I see is that you got a zune ;)

5. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

Did you ask why you were called in?

I was pulled over three of times while I was trying to cross the Washington (state) border. Having a couple of packed hockey equipment bags in a small car seemed to rise suspicion.
    It never really bother me but the third time I was pulled over by a guy that was a goalie I asked and he said that hockey bags are regulary used to smuggle things into the country.

I said " oh"

6. MultiM macrumors 6502

MultiM

it's just routine. Two younger people traveling across the border can be kind of obvious. Be happy they didn't pull the car apart and do a strip and cavity search.

7. Hawkeye411 macrumors 68000

Hawkeye411

When I was younger I lived in Toronto and every time we made a trip to Buffalo we were stopped at the boarder. They would either do a quick search of the trunk or pull us aside. I mean EVERY FREEKIN' time we crossed the boarder. I was around 21 years old and we just figured it was because we were young.

Cheers.

8. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I was interrogated entering Canada with my dad and brother. No big deal. They want to make sure you're not coming here to cause trouble, that's all.

9. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Given the fact you were trying to buy a zune was evidence enough of your abnormal criminal mind and the police have been on the look out for those denizens who have been exhibiting such antisocial behavior

:p

10. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. Getting a Zune is quite deviant behavior, no wonder they were stopped. Nice to see the Border Patrol doing its job.:)

11. Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

That's why right there. Y'all is used by us Southerner. Maybe some of them Yanks still haven't gotten over the fact the war ended nearly 150 years ago.:p