Interrupted Iphone Update

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jota73, Sep 9, 2009.

1. jota73 macrumors 6502

jota73

Today I was downloading my latest iphone firmware and simultaneously I was updating my itunes, somehow I force quit my itunes as I was told I had to quit, but forgot my iphone was updating... now I only see a white apple with a status bar that does not move....
    Itunes stays saying preparing iphone for the restauration..... and nothing else happens... any help is greatly appreciated...

2. jota73 thread starter macrumors 6502

jota73

I am getting an error: attached image

Attached Files:

3. outcastrc macrumors member

I am stuck in the middle of a mess myself. Updated Itunes9, updated phone. During the update I got an error message and was forced to restore the phone. That seemed to go well but then I tried to sync the phone. After a couple hours watching the backup barely move I went to bed. Just got up and its only at the half way mark and that is 9 hours into a backup of an empty phone!!! :mad: I have to go to work so there's nothing I can do but cancel it and try again later.

I wish you luck.

4. mac-I-bear macrumors member

Interrupted update

Jota73 & outcastrc

Had similar issue while updating to itunes 9 and iphone 3.1 – I have a MBP had to turn it off and remove battery then turn it on again and was able to plug and recognize iphone and restore from last backup