[INTERVENTION] Cases... When Too Much Protection Hurts

Status
Not open for further replies.

phantomsd

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 7, 2006
San Diego, CA
Protection fever... its a million, if not billion dollar industry. It happens all the time especially during post-iDevice launches. Just like how case manufacturers are scrambling to put together their iPhone 5 case offerings... we're out here constantly checking forums, watching YouTube videos, researching for our "perfect" case.

Family members/significant others start questioning why you would need more than one case... the "buy now, think later" mentally starts to backfire... and before you know it... you have several cases on the way.

When will enough... be ENOUGH?

Share your path to protection! :cool:

Ordered...
- SGP Ultra Crystal
- Incipio Feather (returned)
- Incipio Feather (shipping, will return)
- Incipio NGP (shipping, will return)
- RocketFish Soft Shell (will return)
- Diztronic TPU (shipping)
- Desmay Slight 5 (shipping)

Thinking about...
- Speck PixelSkin HD (waiting to see if they release a version 2)
- Speakeasy Tones

2high2aim

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2010
SoCal
You sir, are one of many consumers that "buy first, think later" and wonder why your in debt.

1. Think Logically
2. Study the Law of Diminishing Marginal Returns
3. You did not need to make a thread

I do my research and order one or two and try to check them out at a retail outlet before, if I can.

Think before you act! (purchasing products, or posting threads)

phantomsd

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 7, 2006
San Diego, CA
jeebus...you prolly spent more than the phone is worth :D
Hence the "INTERVENTION" in the title, haha! I just realized how many cases I bought after I posted my list. Maybe I should have gone the AppleCare+ route!

----------

You sir, are one of many consumers that "buy first, think later" and wonder why your in debt.

1. Think Logically
2. Study the Law of Diminishing Marginal Returns
3. You did not need to make a thread

I do my research and order one or two and try to check them out at a retail outlet before, if I can.

Think before you act! (purchasing products, or posting threads)
Hey I just thought it would be a fun thread... poking fun, even. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one. FYI, debt-free and have excellent credit. :D

MultiMediaWill

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2010
Minneapolis
Protection fever... its a million, if not billion dollar industry. It happens all the time especially during post-iDevice launches. Just like how case manufacturers are scrambling to put together their iPhone 5 case offerings... we're out here constantly checking forums, watching YouTube videos, researching for our "perfect" case.

Family members/significant others start questioning why you would need more than one case... the "buy now, think later" mentally starts to backfire... and before you know it... you have several cases on the way.

When will enough... be ENOUGH?

Share your path to protection! :cool:

Ordered...
- SGP Ultra Crystal
- Incipio Feather (returned)
- Incipio Feather (shipping, will return)
- Incipio NGP (shipping, will return)
- RocketFish Soft Shell (will return)
- Diztronic TPU (shipping)
- Desmay Slight 5 (shipping)

Thinking about...
- Speck PixelSkin HD (waiting to see if they release a version 2)
- Speakeasy Tones
How were you able to order the Desmay Slight 5? On there website it says there are "no products here"?

AnthonySmith

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2011
Southern CA
Anker Glaze - $20
Clear Bumper - $25
SGP UltraThin Air - $20
SGP Screen Protectors - $20
Poetic Atmosphere - $10
CaseCrown Lux Glider - $20 (returned)
Speck CandyShell - $35 (returned)

ugh.

phantomsd

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 7, 2006
San Diego, CA
How were you able to order the Desmay Slight 5? On there website it says there are "no products here"?
It was there this morning when I got my order in. I believe they took it down... maybe they sold out of the first batch... I'm not entirely sure. I would check their Twitter/Facebook for any updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.