Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Maybe because everybody asked the exact same question, while he's not allowed to give any infos out as we all know.

And because he knew that you would start to fantasize big time..:D

Rodimus Prime

macrumors G4
Oct 9, 2006
Often time because they may not know that information off hand and could change at a drop of a hat.

For example they could say line you up with 4-5 people but after person 2 it is pretty clear to them they are not going to hire you or you they can end the interview early instead of wasting both yours and their time.

Or another reason is they are not sure who will be available at the time. They might have 2-3 people that they know will do it but they might want you to meet a few line people and let them talk to you so you get a feel of both how the people you will be working with and see what their impression is.

Of in my case I had 3 people line up for my interview and they really liked me. Stop me before I had a chance to leave and had me interview with 2 more people both to save me the time of having to drive back to the place, and get the ball rolling.

It saves everyone time.

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Oh I'm sorry. Well, why didn't he divulge any infos? Most likely because he isn't allowed to and why should he anyway?
Why did he smile? How can we know, maybe because everybody asked the exact same question or maybe you looked funny. I wouldn't think there is a hidden agenda at work...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.