Interview Recordign/Dictiphones

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by dmohalloran, Apr 26, 2007.

1. dmohalloran macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I hope I am in the right place. Does anyone have any tips or advice on which digital voice recorders are compatable with Macs. Basically I am conducting a large number of interviews, and I'm hoping to record on the dictiphone in a compatable format for playback in quicktime, garage band or itunes. Or even better a specific dictiphone audio player.

I have been looking at olympus, also any tips for external microphones

Thanks

2. j26 macrumors 65832

j26

I've seen a lot of journalists using mobile phones for interviews lately, and either send it directly via 3g to its destination, or to their laptops using bluetooth. It's fast and cheap if you have a bluetooth phone that records audio. it might be worth giving it a go and seeing what the sound quality is like.

3. mfacey macrumors 65816

mfacey

I recorded a few interviews about a year ago, both face to face and via telephone using an old iRiver mp3 player. It had a small microphone, but the sound quality was great and with 128MB of storage :)rolleyes: ) you could easily fit 2-3 hours of recording on it. Then it transferred via USB to my mac and played in quicktime.
    Depending on what you're planning to do, that's a cheap and effective solution.

4. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

what's your budget and how much do you care about sound quality?

if your answers are "$500" and "i need broadcast quality", then check out the Marantz PMD-660.