Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

derajfast

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 24, 2004
Any tips? I kind of interviewed before, but it was more informal, and they just called to ask me back for another one, more formal this time, as the last one was just on the spot when I handed in my application. Any idea as to what I should wear? Shave? Sandals, T-shirt, and khakis alright? I know its Apple, and they pride themselves on being different, so I doubt I have to dress up in a suit and tie, but how presentable should I be? (And I know, if I get the job, I am not allowed to post here anymore).

livingfortoday

macrumors 68030
Nov 17, 2004
The Msp
derajfast said:
Any tips? I kind of interviewed before, but it was more informal, and they just called to ask me back for another one, more formal this time, as the last one was just on the spot when I handed in my application. Any idea as to what I should wear? Shave? Sandals, T-shirt, and khakis alright? I know its Apple, and they pride themselves on being different, so I doubt I have to dress up in a suit and tie, but how presentable should I be? (And I know, if I get the job, I am not allowed to post here anymore).

I would always dress nicely for an interview, no matter where. That includes shirt and tie. Just because they'll let you dress down later doesn't mean you shouldn't have a professional appearance now.

Good luck with the interview!

motulist

macrumors 601
Dec 2, 2003
Agreed. You should always dress at least one level above what you think the normal work attire will be. It's hard to overdress for an interview unless you go in a tuxedo or in something uncomfortable that will put you not at the top of your game.

fuzzn

macrumors member
Mar 22, 2005
Notts, UK
derajfast said:
(And I know, if I get the job, I am not allowed to post here anymore).

i'm a total newb n was just wondering... how comes you won't be ALLOWED to post here anymore?

derajfast

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 24, 2004
fuzzn said:
i'm a total newb n was just wondering... how comes you won't be ALLOWED to post here anymore?

apple employees cannot post on places like this unfortunately

motulist

macrumors 601
Dec 2, 2003
Are you sure about that? I could understand not being allowed to post anything against company policy, but do they really ban you from posting here altogether? Is there an official do-not-post-to-these-websites list?

fuzzn

macrumors member
Mar 22, 2005
Notts, UK
how comes tho? do they have to make a confidentiality agreement or something? do they get extra advanced info about new stuff?!?!:D
that's sooooooo cool... i wish i worked for apple :p

motulist

macrumors 601
Dec 2, 2003
fuzzn said:
Do they get extra advanced info about new stuff?!?!

No they definitely do not have any more info than any other Mac fan. This is a very well established fact. Sorry to burst your bubble. You're still allowed to think it'd be really cool to work there though. ;)

P.S. Generally 133t speak won't win you any friends around here. The more correctly you use grammar and spelling the more likely you are to get people to want to respond to you. Just a friendly tip.

fuzzn

macrumors member
Mar 22, 2005
Notts, UK
motulist said:
P.S. Generally 133t speak won't win you any friends around here. The more correctly you use grammar and spelling the more likely you are to get people to want to respond to you. Just a friendly tip.

Yes sir! :) lol thank you for the tip i appreciate it... i'll try and make sure not to do it next time.

motulist

macrumors 601
Dec 2, 2003
iGary said:
Get about four tattoos and ten piercings before you go. Seems to be a requisite for our store.

Ha, yeah, and get one of those things that stretches your earlobe down to your shoulder, I see a lot of those in my local Apple store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.