Interviews to DVD

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Rasheem, May 31, 2007.

1. Rasheem macrumors regular

Hello, I have a bunch of interviews that I would like to put on to a DVD. currently each interview is on a separate FCP project. I am wondering what the best way to put them on a dvd would be. Should i combine all the interviews into one timeline? Should i export each to .mov? I want to make chapters for each interview as well as have the option to play all. I am very inexperienced with DVD studio (as in never used it and am quite frightened by it). I dont need any fancy menus. I also have Toast 8 which i think has the option to do menus.

2. Texas04 macrumors 6502a

Texas04

Put them all on one timeline in Final Cut and maybe a title before each one. Then make chapter markers on the beginning of every interview. This can be achieved by placing your playhead over the timeline and pushing M on your keyboard. Push it again and select Chapter Marker in the checkbox and give it a name.

Repeat this until you are finished then export it as a Final Cut file and include Only Chapter Markers.
    Import this video into iDVD and it should create a "play" and a "scene selection" for your project. Burn and you are good!