Intranet Solution

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking' started by Les Kern, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Les Kern macrumors 68040

Les Kern

I run a moderately sized school districts technology department, and am looking for an intranet solution. We have a web site domain and all that, but what i am looking for is a solution that runs on a Mac server, links users to an LDAP database for authentication, and offers all registered users the ability to add some personal and business content. Preferably I'd like a drop-dead simple interface for adding this content. Also, it needs to be able to accept not only text, but pictures, PDFs, Word docs or other formats as attachments. I personally use Drupal, but that doesn't link to LDAP. I have tried Moodle in the past, but haven't looked at that for awhile and don't recall if it allowed authentication to my Open Directory server.
    I shy away from external solutions which I am generally fond of for obvious reasons, but allowing a link to the internal LDAP server is something I'd like to avoid. I GUESS Apple's server, with Wiki's and Blogs could be used, but I'd prefer to have one portal and not have multiple accounts to look through.
    Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions!

2. rwwest7 macrumors regular

Apples Wiki would be perfect, not sure why you only GUESS it would do. The Wiki, Calendar, Blogs and Podcasts can all be "LDAP"ed. What do you mean multiple accounts?

Moodle also does LDAP and it's very easy to configure. I've heard Drupal is good but haven't used it.