Intrested in Apple Store Aberdeen? (UK)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by millar876, Feb 16, 2009.

1. millar876 macrumors 6502a

millar876

How many here would be interested in an Apple retail store in Aberdeen (UK).

Heres my reasoning, (in a nutshell) Glasgow has one and its at least 3 hours drive away and all we got here is stinkin PC World and John Lewis (going the way of PC world RE mac sales)

Long reason. Aberdeen (city & Shire) is dominated by the oil & Gas industry and its supporting industries. thats a LOT of cash in one area. Ol' Trump is building a multi million $ Golf resort near by, and there is quite a large and well respected Uni in the city. Many international visitors (and UK Visitors) through the city (large harbour and international Airport) as well as some of the UK's white fish and shell fish Ports within 40 mins drive (peterhead & Fraserburough)

Theres no point sticking one in Edinburgh, cos its only 30 mins from the Glasgow one.

2. millar876 thread starter macrumors 6502a

millar876

Maybe I'm just selfish for wanting an Aberdeen Apple store, but hey, its darned inconvinient having to drive for nearly 4 hours to ogle a mac pro, and unless you want a Macbook or iMac thats all you're going to get up here for a good while.

3. trule macrumors 6502

Would Inverness make more sense? But perhaps you are right with regards to Aberdeen and the local industry.

I would love to open an Apple store on Skye however for regional populations I'm not so sure it would work. A city with a big university and lots of private schools might be better, then you can make supply and support contracts which might help make the business viable.

The problem with rural locations in that there may not be enough income for buying nice Macs, esp when you can already get them on the web.

Would need to tie the business in with something else.

4. millar876 thread starter macrumors 6502a

millar876

No not realy, Inverness is tiny (compared to aberdeen), I used to live there and an apple store would be wasted there, there isnt enough us a customer base (imo)

5. t.urnip macrumors newbie

About an apple store in Aberdeen

It's opening this year. An Edinburgh still awaiting its own one.

6. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

Glasgow's store makes much more sense. There are so many people within less than an hour of that one. Go an hour outside of Aberdeen though and there isn't really much.

7. afd macrumors 6502a

Can you not just buy one from John Lewis? Extra years warranty too.

8. Savik macrumors newbie

9. ipoppy macrumors 6502

Jees:eek:...where the hell I was when that announcement about Apple shop appeared? Its really good news; that will be my second home.
    If companies like Apple investing in Aberdeen its mean that oil here is not about to run out yet:D, which is good because its make my living.

10. Mintin8 macrumors 6502a

Mintin8

I heard about this quite a bit back when I was looking at job openings on the Apple site. Don't know why I didn't post! Can't wait for the shop to open! Also rumour has it, they are building a Yo-Sushi in union square haha! :)

11. unixvirgin macrumors newbie

aberdeen store interview

Hi folks,

i know it's a little off topic... but has anyone here applied for any of the vacancies at the new Aberdeen store? and more to the point has anyone heard anything back yet??

im still waiting to hear anything and now wondering if i ever will.....:(

much love.....

12. vincebio macrumors 6502a

vincebio

if only trump would invest in a certain football team :D

13. electroshock macrumors 6502a

electroshock

Both Apple and the credit card companies are especially looking forward to this new development. :D

Hope you blokes enjoy the store. Will be nice to be able to pop round and get a new update on the spot locally instead of waiting for the post or driving for hours like in some other places. I know I was thrilled when my local Apple Store opened since it saved me a 2.5 hour roundtrip.