Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iphonexe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 12, 2009
So after a month or so of coding on and off, I finished my latest side-project: porting KittenCannon to the iPhone :)

The result can be seen in the video here

It is available on the App Store for $0.99 now by clicking here

Let me know what you guys think!
-Joe

KRAPPS

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2008
Dude - I hope no kittens, puppies or whatever were hurt while making this app - that would be whack! ;)

Congrats and good luck!

iphonexe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 12, 2009
Glad to hear you guys enjoy it!

I'm going to release an update to fix a minor bug that someone called to my attention last week or so, as well as speed up the restart animation.

Also, I'm considering making the highscores keep track of the top 1000 scores, as opposed to the top 100. The minimum score necessary to get on the boards right now is something around 2000, which I can barely get, and I wrote the f**king app :p

Thanks to everybody who bought it! More app updates can be seen at silentmac.com
- Joe

euunog

macrumors newbie
Jan 1, 2009
I haven't bought it (yet at least), but from watching the video I think it would be nice to have a running counter of the distance traveled while the kitten is flying. Other than that, though, it looks nice.

friekunater

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2008
I love you and I love this game!!

but, a few very minor things needs to be changed:
•occassionally, menu options such as the "play again" option in-game don't register by just one touch and have to be touched different ways to select it
•as the above poster said, there needs to be a live running counter on how far the dog is going
•there needs to be different colors/intensity levels of the nitrogen balloons (as I believe they have in the original game)
•there needs to be (as you suggested) global scores with the top 1,000 scores AT LEAST. the highest I've gotten is 1,400 points so the 2k+ starting points are almost unachievable to most people I'm guessing
•there needs to be personal high scores as well just to keep track of your personal records

just my opinion

this is my new favorite app and I'd be willing to put all the money in my bank account on the fact that it will skyrocket to #1 in no time and be the next cheap little widget fame app that's just fun to play forever

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.