Intuit = Lazy

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MaaseyRacer, Jul 7, 2011.

1. MaaseyRacer macrumors regular

I am not sure if you guys are Quicken users or not, but I have been for years and it has had its ups and downs, but has worked for the most part. They have not released a new full version for the Mac since 2007, which is fine Quicken 2007 works well enough. They did release Quicken Essentials for the Mac which is completely stripped down and lacks many of the features that the current version.

Today they sent out an email saying that the 2007 version of Quicken will not work with the upcoming Mac OS 10.7 Lion. They make no mention of them supporting or making a full featured version of Quicken for Mac OS. Read what intuit suggests that I do instead of fixing their software:
    http://quicken.intuit.com/support/articles/getting-started/upgrading-and-conversion/8207.html

I know this is not late breaking mac rumors or anything fancy like that, but this is just lazy software development, they actually suggest switching to Windows.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Many of us Mac users have long given up on intuit/Quicken given their extremely poor track record. They treat the mac version like a red headed step child.

3. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

There were a few threads on this when Lion was announced. Many people have switched to iBank.

4. 4JNA macrumors 68000

4JNA

open window: i'd like to throw 'intuit' 'out-of-it'

been stuck at '06' since they kept messing around and then wanted a bunch of money to upgrade to '07' waaaaaaaayyyyy to late. i've been using a dual boot system to keep '06 running, but really tired of the whole thing, especially after getting one of those 'valued customer' emails. lame.

i'd be very interested to hear from people who have moved from intuit to ibank or anything else for that matter. what's the best move from here? really don't want to start from scratch, and really don't want to take the intuit advice and move back to a windows version...

did i mention LAME, LAME, uber super duper LAME! :mad::eek:

5. Plutonius, Jul 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2011

Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

Just do a quick search here and you find [Broken link: search urls expire]

6. pprior macrumors 65816

Gave up on quicken a long time ago. Move along, nothing to see here....

Intuit blows.

7. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

Speaking of intuit, anyone here use mint.com? I love it.

8. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

Electronic banking

Another dissatisfied Quicken user. But, what about bank support. Some banks only support Quicken.

9. Eldiablojoe macrumors 6502a

Eldiablojoe

Sorry, tried iBank 3, iBank4, Mint, and a handful of others. For my purposes (mostly just checking account balancing), Q Essentials works just fine, and was easier to figure out than the others.

YMMV, My. 02, FWIW, etc.

10. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

i love it too, but they keep having issues with syncing with my bank. it's starting to get ridiculous. intuit is a ****** lazy company, worse than adobe even. they need to fix their damn software. if mint.com can't sync to my bank, then what's the point?

11. MaaseyRacer thread starter macrumors regular

Alright, since I started this. I have tried Quicken essentials, and it does not do half of what Quicken 2007 does. I also installed the iBank demo. iBank seems really good, however it is not a complete solution to quicken. It does not import your list of payees from Quicken, and right now it is having issues resolving my balance from years of Quicken use. While I do agree that Quicken needs to go, I am waiting for a response from iBank support before I decide that iBank is the way to go.