Intuos 3 6.8 vs. 6x11

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by acewilds, May 2, 2007.

1. acewilds macrumors newbie

I'm finally able to get an Intuos 3 but am having a hard time deciding on the size. I was originally leaning toward the Intuos 3 6x8 but now I'm torn between the 6x8 and the 6x11 widescreen. I'm an art student and working on a G4 Powerbook (eventually will upgrade to the Macbook pros). What would be an overall better purchase, the 6x8 or 6x11?

2. giganten macrumors 6502a

I really don’t know.
    I did buy the intuos3 A6 wide, I haven’t used it yet (got it today). I don’t have any widescreen monitor now, but I am waiting to buy a MBP.

3. Mundy macrumors regular

I use the Intuos 3 6x11 on my Mac Pro and couldn't be happier. It isn't the biggest Wacom I've ever had, but it's the one I like the most. I find the size to be perfect: big enough for very long strokes, but not so big that your arm gets tired navigating the tablet. I now recommend the 6x11 to most people. It just seems like the perfect size, particularly with so many creative pros using widescreen monitors now.

4. munckee macrumors 65816

I made the same choice recently. I went with the 6x11, but I have it mated to an external LCD. If I were just using it on the 15" screen, I think I'd be happy with a 4x6.

5. justG macrumors member

justG

If you currently have or will have a widescreen display, get the 6x11; if not, get the 6x8. Although you can assign a portion of the tablet to fit your squarer display, I've read several reports that it's just plain uncomfortable to use. I'm going to be getting the 6x8 to use for as long as I have my regular CRT; when I get a widescreen, I'll get a 6x11.

Hope it helps.

6. acewilds thread starter macrumors newbie