Invaid serial number for SL Up-To-Date

Discussion in 'macOS' started by belvdr, Aug 22, 2009.

1. belvdr macrumors 603

Is anyone else having an issue registering for SL? I just bought a MBP 13" (received on 8/20) and the form keeps saying the serial number is invalid.

I checked the serial number for warranty status and it comes back fine.

So, I started a chat with Apple (bad idea). The person just kept saying to click Notify Me. When I asked about the form, he had no reply other than to use Notify Me. What a waste of time that was.

Any ideas?

2. devburke Guest

I'd try calling Apple Care. 1-800-APL-CARE

3. belvdr thread starter macrumors 603

I'm thinking that's what is going to come to, although I was hoping someone else had seen this. Hopefully they are more helpful than the person I got online today.

4. devburke Guest

I've only called once, but they were really helpful, and have a good reputation.

5. JediMeister macrumors 68040

I posted this in another thread, but may also be applicable here. If the computer was purchased 2 days ago, it does take some time for the serial number to populate as eligible in Apple's records. This takes into account the delay from when you submit the registration information during the initial setup to that submitted information actually being processed. If you find that by Monday you are still having issues, try submitting your request for an UTD disc using the suggested steps posted here.

6. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

The people that you reach through 1-800-APL-CARE are incredible, they're also completely different than the people you reach through the chat. Give it until Monday though and see if it works itself out.

7. belvdr thread starter macrumors 603

Thanks guys/gals. I'll give it a few days and try again.

8. zwaldowski macrumors member

I bought my uMBP 13" from the Apple Refurb Store (Online) on the 17th, and the Up-To-Date site says my serial number is "not found". Wait until Monday, or until SL is announced (Tuesday?). I'm just as anxious as you are. :cool:

9. S1XStringMayhem macrumors newbie

I believe the UTD program is for new computers. Not refurbished. Sorry man.

10. dissolve macrumors 6502a

It should work for refurb. I just bought a refurb MBA and I'm all set up with the UTD program.

11. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

Refurbs are covered. :)

Picture 3.png