Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

samanthah

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 10, 2008
Well, I have a Mac Air, and i recently partition windows on it. but now when i log in says "The Windows Vista Home Premium product key you typed is invalid for activation". and the choices they give you are : 1. access your computer with reduced functionality 2. type a different product key 3 contact microsoft to help resolve this problem. you see, i also got a new destop, and it came with a windows CD, so i figured maybe i can use it to partition windows on my mac. it did work for a few weeks, but now this happens. so what do i do now? i dont know where the product key is located and i dont want to buy a windows installation disc for its product key. i just want to go back to mac? but how? help.

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
Well if you just want to use OS X only, use Boot Camp Assistant to delete your Windows partition.

If you still want to use Windows, and you have a legitimately purchased copy of Windows Vista Home Premium that you do not also have installed on another computer (you can only install it on one machine), you can contact Microsoft and they will issue you a new product key so you can properly activate Vista.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.