iPad Invellop New iPad case. 24.99 from Amazon.com

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by DaGrandMastah, Mar 9, 2012.

1. DaGrandMastah, Mar 9, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2012

DaGrandMastah macrumors 6502a

Just found this. It's actually pretty impressive. I did some research on youtube and found a review and 2 key things....

1 - the stitching looks to be very good and
    2 - if you flip it upside down, the magnets are strong enough where it doesn't open on its own

Has anyone ever bought from these guys?

http://www.amazon.com/INVELLOP-BLAC...OH4A/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1331361297&sr=8-3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OU-RrKs8cYk

(video is of the iPad 2 version)

(my only issue with buying right now is I question how they ended up getting the iPad 3 case ready so quickly but i just saw another review on youtube that shows the magnets are very strong. that's a big deal for me since i'll be putting it in my bag)

----------

I contacted the amazon.com seller to get some info on the sizing and make sure it fits the iPad 3.

2. UltraZ33 macrumors 6502

UltraZ33

I have it for my iPad 2. Great case. Well made.

3. DaGrandMastah thread starter macrumors 6502a

How much did you pay? It's showing as 24.99 +5 shipping but the YouTube video mentioned it was 14.99.

And here's there response (that was quick)

Has the quality held up?

Hi,
    Thank you for showing interest in buying one of our cases. *Yes the iPad 3 or "The new iPad" is slightly thicker it is only 0.6mm thicker then the iPad 2. *We have not checked the case on the iPad 3 sense it will only come out on March 16th, BUT we have checked it on the iPad 2 with putting a cardboard (about 1mm thickness) on the back of the ipad 2 and the case still fit perfectly. *So, that is why we assume it will fit perfectly "The new iPad".
    If by any chance this case will not fit properly we *always accept returns.
    Yes it will be shipped before the march 16th.
    Thank you!
    INVELLOP

4. psychonaut macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B179 Safari/7534.48.3)

Thanks for watching my video :) when I first posted the video the price was still 14.95 however it seems like they have since raised it. I'll need to make an annotation to the video to reflect that.

5. Xscapes macrumors regular

Thanks for the video and link. I may get one but i will wait to see if any other color selection available.

6. Grandmaster B macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B179 Safari/7534.48.3)

Sweet, exactly what I am looking for to use with my iPad 3. Hard to say no to that price, I'll give it a shot.

7. DaGrandMastah thread starter macrumors 6502a

Actually they have several colors available. Do a search on amazon for invellop and several more should pop up

----------

Great review.

How has it held up with extensive usage?

8. Aussieiphone macrumors regular

Thanks for the post as I've been looking on amazon for a cheap one too - I find these designs (& Apples) fundamentally flawed, as I prefer the cases that the ipad can sit into rather than against i.e the one you mentioned has a cover that folds away under to the back but I prefer when you open the cover the ipad is propped up inside - this seems better as in public a table may be dirty and then when the cover you mentioned if folded back you have the inside of the cover on the table the could then pick up dirt when folded back around and onto the screen.

9. UltraZ33 macrumors 6502

UltraZ33

I paid $14.99 + $6.00 shipping. It does look like the price has gone up. But it still worth it.

10. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

They jacked up the price when the new iPad was released. The camera probably won't match up. I wouldn't buy anything that says it fits both (especially when they email you saying they haven't tested it yet and it "should" fit). If you return it, it will cost you postage + you probably won't get back the postage you already paid to get it.

It looks like the identical case as the Khomo case (that is $23 with free shipping) and about 25 others on eBay.

http://www.amazon.com/KHOMO-Smart-C...1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1331394289&sr=1-1

This one "should" fit also with the same camera issue. I got it for my iPad 2 and it is really nice (especially for 5 bucks). http://www.ebay.com/itm/310373242951?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

11. DaGrandMastah thread starter macrumors 6502a

That's the reason I held off. I don't like how they jacked up the price on people...at least not before making absolutely sure it works.

Plus I really really like the macally case line they announced. If the price was still 14.99 then I would have jumped on this as a temp pending reviews of the macally. This is still my fallback tho. If those cases aren't that good then Ill probably pick this up.

12. Viper2005 macrumors 6502

Viper2005

If Apple has changed the taper on the new ipad as people who have seen it have said, then its more than just thickness that has changed. If you use a case made for ipad2, there will be a gap between the case and the new ipad's periphery in the tapered area.

13. Benz63amg macrumors 68000

Benz63amg

No thanks, doesnt seem like a quality case. the leather back looks extremely cheap

14. DaGrandMastah thread starter macrumors 6502a

Excellent point. I didn't think of that. Now I'm definitely gonna hold off. I was already turned off by the price hike when I asked about it he said that it was originally a "promotion" that ended last week.

15. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

They are using a somewhat canned message. I had emailed them yesterday and got pretty much the same reply word for word. Even the wrong "sense" usage.

Either way I decided I'll hold off. In the past I've made the mistake of buying junk or lesser quality. Only to replace. In the end wouldve been more cost effective to just wait till something good was released.

16. DaGrandMastah thread starter macrumors 6502a

I was jus5 impressed with how well the magnets held up but I don't like the way this guy does business. I figure I'll just use my old spare folio case until something else is released. Those macally cases can't come soon enough

17. N23 macrumors regular

Looks like a decent case, but $30 with shipping is more than I'm willing to pay for it.

18. nomar383 macrumors 65816

nomar383

This is the exact case I'm looking for in every way. However, I'm concerned it won't actually fit on the iPad 3 now. Are there any alternatives that are just like this? Or do you guys think I'll be okay ordering this one?

19. pure3d2 macrumors 6502

The camera/lens area is larger on the 3rd gen. I'm concerned that a tight fit might cause slight vignetting.

20. DaGrandMastah thread starter macrumors 6502a

To be honest, I'd hold off on buying this case. 1st off, teh guy jacked up the price fro the ipad 3 but this case typicall goes for 14.99 (much more reasonable). I didn't realize the price hike on this case prior to posting it or I wouldn't event have mentioned it on this forum. 30 bcuks for a generic case that "may" work with the ipad 3 is too much.

As far as the camera lens, I was under the impression tehy were going to be the same size too.

21. xStatiCa macrumors regular

Has anyone found a white one in stock somewhere? Amazon doesn't have any.

22. joescoe macrumors newbie

Not what I ordered...

I ordered this case from Amazon yesterday, and it arrived in the mail today. (Jumped the gun, maybe. I'll see about the fit tomorrow when my iPad 3 arrives.)

While the case itself looks great (for the most part; see below) a couple of issues concern me:

1) SHIPPING: Even though I ordered this from Amazon, who says "Shipped and sold by Invellop," the return address on the mailing label says it came from "case2case." The packaging was absurdly minimal—just a light, bubble-lined envelope folded double (to fit the contents), and the case inside, with a styrofoam pad placed where the iPad will go. No box, no wrapping, no packing list, no receipt, etc.—just the unpackaged case in an envelope. Not surprisingly, there are a couple of minor indentations on the rear of the case, not to mention that this lack of packaging just seems sleazy.

2) THE BRAND: The photos on Amazon clearly show the INVELLOP logo embossed in the lower right corner of the case's front cover. The case I received doesn't have this. (In fact, the name Invellop appears nowhere on or in the package!) Instead, in the same position on the front cover, there's a small, silver metal logo attached. No brand name, just a stylized logo that appears to be a half-open laptop in front of a desktop tower. (It could also be meant to represent the letters IC.) If I knew it was merely glued on, I'd just pull it off, but it seems to be attached by brads of some sort, so removing it would leave a hole. I don't give a whit what the actual brand is, and (except for the logo on the cover) the case appears to be identical to the Invellop case pictured and sold on Amazon. However, I don't like the look of this little metal thingey on the surface of the case, and I don't want it there, where its sharp corners could easily snag things.

Bottom line, while I like the case a lot—it's exactly the simple, well-designed, reasonably tough case I've been looking for—what I got was not what I ordered. After my iPad 3 arrives tomorrow and I'm sure it fits, I plan to return the case, requesting an exchange for the one I actually ordered. (That is if I can figure out who to return it to—Amazon, Invellop, or case2case!)

I highly recommend this case basically, and will repost tomorrow as to its fit with the iPad 3.

23. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

^^^^

It looks like the same generic case sold by zillions of sellers for $17-$60+ but aside from that why would you want some companies name on your case? Why should I advertise their product unless they pay me to do so?

As for the seller's shipping name many importers have a "parent company name" and another name for their product line. The actual company could be called "Wan Hung Lo Import" (which is the offices where the ship from) but their "retail name" could be Enveloopipoopi Cases which would be in their ads.

By cheap get cheap.

24. batotman macrumors 6502

Invellop has no web presence so I think it might be safe to assume it's a "house brand" sold by case2case. There's tons of different "brands" on amazon and ebay that aren't major manufacturers.

25. DaGrandMastah thread starter macrumors 6502a

how strong are the magnets when closed? (assuming you have an existing ipad to put in it)