Inventory At Stores Even Though Apple.com Shows None?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by FtrV8, Oct 9, 2014.

1. FtrV8 macrumors regular

FtrV8

Has anyone picked up iPhones (especially 6+) at their local Apple stores, even after checking online where it shows "not currently available" for pickup?

I am wondering if it's worth it to go to the store as they open to try and procure a unit. I keep checking online, but none show any 6+ units available.

2. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Have you tried using istocknow.com? I was at the apple store yesterday and they didn't have any 6 Plus in stock.

3. fjd726 macrumors regular

Went this morning prior to opening and Apple had neither 6's in stock.

4. bozzykid macrumors 68020

Yes, this is how I got my iPhone 6. Stock from Apple.com only shows what is available for personal pickup. The store has separate stock for walk-in customers.

5. paulgandersman macrumors regular

^ that. also, i have confirmed that the website will only show its available for in store pickup if they have 5 or more in stock. meaning we won't see 6+s for in store pickup for a WHILE.

6. Ke1ington macrumors 6502a

Ke1ington

I decided to give it a shot even though the apple store app continuously said not available and scored my 6 on the first try.

So yes, if it's not a hike for you I'd give it a go.

7. Fozzybadfeet macrumors 6502

Fozzybadfeet

Worth a try. I was fortunate enough to find a 6+ yesterday! Simply cancelled my order through Apple.com and purchased in store.

Love the phone...A little big, but it's just right. (twss)

8. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

I would constantly check the apple app and order it for in store pick up, beats going down there constantly and waiting in line. At least if you order online for pick up your guaranteed the phone!

9. FtrV8 thread starter macrumors regular

FtrV8

Thanks for the insights everyone. I'll try to go to the store and see if I can score one.

----------

Need device only. Not eligible for an upgrade, else I'd pre order.

10. bervidote macrumors newbie

good,Went this morning prior to opening and Apple had neither 6's in stock.[​IMG]