Inventory / Made switch to white / Zagg HD

Discussion in 'iPad' started by RedlegsFan, Apr 20, 2012.

1. RedlegsFan macrumors 6502

Walked into my local Apple store in Cincinnati wanting a white 16GB wifi iPad and I was told they had all models, all colors. So that was good news.

I have a black iPad that I got on launch day. That is now my wife and kids...now I have one all to my own he he he. Love the white! It is just different. It does not affect movies, etc. I don't even notice it. Actually prefer it when surfing the web.

The second I got it home I do what I always do, put a Zagg Invisibleshield HD on it. Had the usual air bubbles, but nothing major after install. As I type this about 5 hours after install most tiny bubbles are gone as well as any screen hazing. It's now pretty much invisible.

2. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

Does the zagg have a extra cut out above the front facing camera? Just wondering because I noticed a sensor above the front cam while installing my screen protector that didn't have one.

3. RedlegsFan thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes it does have the extra cut out

4. C5Longhorn macrumors regular

I'm having a heck of a time getting a Zagg HD installed without any dust particles appearing afterwards. This is having the shield installed in the mall at the kiosk.

5. RedlegsFan thread starter macrumors 6502

I do mine at home. I make sure there is no dust on the screen and the I hurry up and get the shield installed quickly. 9 times out of 10 I get it installed with nothing underneath. If something does get under there it's usually a very small piece that I can usually remove off the shield with a piece of tape after Peeling it back up a bit off the iPad then reapplying.

It's all about being quick, so that there is less chance of dust landing on your screen during the beginning stages of the install.

6. C5Longhorn macrumors regular

I may go that route. Have you ever pealed the film back after a long duration (greater than 24 hrs.). I heard someone say they did this using lots of solution.