inventory receivement

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by youngsunnz, Jun 19, 2010.

1. youngsunnz macrumors regular

When do you think companies like Best Buy, Radio Shack, and Wal-mart will be receiving shipment of the new iPhone, then we would know if there will be a white one on release date or not. I know someone high up in Apple and she said that the white one will be avaliable. But then again who knows. Maybe no news from Apple is good news.

2. chrisperra macrumors member

chrisperra

They will most likely either arrive the evening before or early the following morning. I know when the original iPhone came out, FedEx dropped all the phones off at about 5pm local time (for a 6PM launch).

3. elephunkman macrumors 65816

Probably the night prior to closing or early in the morning on the 24th

4. diabolic macrumors 68000

Apple surprising everyone with the white iPhone for sale on launch day after not allowing pre-orders doesn't make any sense from a business perspective. I think it's much more likely for them to announce another release date and then allow preorders for the white.

5. Higgs1 macrumors 6502

Higgs1

agreed

that would piss more people off than a 2nd release in a month or so

6. amann76 macrumors 6502

amann76

if you know someone "high up" why not take all your questions to her :confused:

7. JustinP81 macrumors 6502

I suspect two things.

One, Best Buy won't receive their allotted units until Wednesday night (after closing, most likely) and they'll PROBABLY be kept on the truck until the morning. That's if they don't get them from FedEx, and in which case, they'll be delivered in the morning to the Merch crew around 6 am.

Two, however, WHEN they get their phones will depend on when they'll open up on Thursday... which, we SHOULD know tomorrow with their Sunday ad. If Apple an AT&T are going to open at 7, I might place bets on Best Buy being opened around that time. Of course, not every Best Buy will, so it's best to check the ad tomorrow and then call your local store.

That said, again, Best Buy's should know roughly how many phones are coming in around Tuesday or Wednesday.

8. youngsunnz thread starter macrumors regular

shouldnt everything be in there systems soon so they know about their inventory and their weekly quota and etc...

9. iMetalG5 macrumors 6502a

i know Wally World is getting a "few" i4s wed afternoon and they will promptly be locked up in an electronics storage locker by the store manager.

Best Buy told me they will get a very very limited # Wed morning on their normal shipment. They get locked up out of sight from everyone except the store mgr.

10. ScubaCinci macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

11. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

12. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230